Wednesday 6 July 2011

Baby Friendly

Spent the day at the immigration authority trying to get a visa extension for Dan. Fearing that they will deport baby Dan back home. Ha! Seems like we were not the only ones with a little baby, there were others with newborns. I really like the system back home where you get a different queue number if you are with a baby. It kind of make sense, rather than spending the whole morning waiting in line with the baby in a crowded area.

Buses here do not allow prams on board. While I understand that space might be an issue, I do not understand the bus company's idea that baby in the arms of a mum is safer. On top of balancing a squirming baby, she will have to balance the folded-up stroller, diaper bag, plus maybe groceries, while the bus driver does not even offer to help loading the stroller on the bus.

On the way home, I decided to drop by the grocers to get some stuff. The aisle of the grocers was just right to accommodate a stroller and one person, while I was shopping around, a lady wanted to pass, there was just enough space for her to pass. However, she had to comment: "it is already so cramp and you want to push your stroller into the grocers." Seriously, what can I do? Should I leave the baby outside while I do the shopping?

No comments:

Post a Comment