Thursday 20 October 2011

Beach Boy

We had our first vacation on a beach with Dan for a week. I was not too sure whether I would like it as there were too many things on my mind -- being out of my comfort zone. What would he eat? What if anything happens? Would it ruin his schedule? etc, etc.

It turned out to be great. We really enjoyed the weather, the sea, the sun, the beach. With some additional planning, everything somehow turned out fine. They hotel management was quite accommodating when it came to preparing Dan's food in the kitchen and they helped prepare hot water for his bath and gave us an extra single bed to be placed on the floor next to us.

Dan being Dan -- the baby, could not stop exploring the sand. What is this white stuff on the ground that is sticking on my hands, feet and face and eyes and everywhere and I cannot get rid of. Once placed on the sand, he started crawling directly into the sea -- Why is the water coming in and when I am chasing it, it is going out. And OOOO.. the ground is so soft, and when I pat it it splatters. 

Some highlights while we were there: 
- Emil passed him a spoon and immediately, he took the spoon and scooped a spoonful of sand and put it in his mouth.
- The sea was so clear that we saw about six reef sharks circling close to the shore in search for food in the morning.
- Dan had an extraordinary display of his problem solving skills when he climbed from floor to bed to bed in order to reach the paper bag he wanted and moving back from bed to bed to floor with the paper bag.









1 comment: