Friday 16 September 2011

Messy Day Turned Water Play

It has been quite hot and humid these few days. Therefore, decided to take baby Dan out for a stroll today. It is strange that some how it tends to be very breezy along the beach and the air is very still around our block. Along the way, we bumped into some people filling the beach with sand. I guess I can say people here do care a lot about maintenance.

We went for some shopping and got Dan some baby rusks. On the way back, he started to scream of hunger, so out of desperation, I opened the box of rusks and gave a piece to him. Maybe that was not the best idea as he started chomping away and the rusks started to crumble away, most of it ending up on the stroller, on his shirt, on his fingers and around his mouth. Passers-by must be commenting what a dirty little baby and what a irresponsible mum this is.

When we got home, I immediately prepared dinner for Dan. Porridge as the main course and the remaining rusks with apple sauce as dessert. Dan decided to have some fun by flapping his hands and porridge kept flying off the spoon as he hit my hand. Porridge was every where, on the tray, on the floor, on me... Then the best thing to do is of course to squish and mash the porridge bits that ended up on the tray of his high chair. I gave in and decided that we could have some fun after dinner as well.

With all the mess on the high chair, I thought the best way to wash everything off was to hose it off. So I stripped Dan for his shower, and put him in his high chair for his bath as well. It was fun, at least for me, I do not think baby Dan was that excited with me showering him compare to his usual spa in the tub.


Earthmover moving new sand onto the beach
Dan with rusk on his nose, shirt, stroller belt, diapers, legs...
Huh?
Porridge everywhere... A mum's nightmare...

This is so much fun!
No? Mummy, you don't think so?
Little Mr Messy
A different bathing experience

Not sure if I like it






No comments:

Post a Comment