Tuesday 20 September 2011

My Little Adventure

Another flight back to my parents. This time we decided it would be best to fly straight home. After the little adventure over the last trip -- missing both the flight and the train. I made sure I double checked the flight details and left home early.

The night before I set the alarm 3 hours before the flight so that I had the time to prepare, leave the house, catch a cab and arrive at the airport 1 hour before the flight departs for check in. The problem was that I was so trashed from packing and making sure I did not leave anything behind, I could not get up the next morning when the alarm rang and put it on snooze -- bad idea. In my mind, no worries, there is a "back up alarm" if all fails. In the midst of everything, part of my mind was in nightmare land, that I had yet again missed the flight.

Baby Dan, my "back up alarm" rang. As always, when you need him to "ring" on time he does not. Looking out of the window, I saw the first light of the morning, that was what hit me and caused me to jump right out of bed. I swiped Dan out of his bed, onto the changing table, changed him, changed myself, made sure all windows were closed, double check my packing list and hit the road. Lesson learnt again -- never rely on your "backup alarm"  if it is a baby. We were lucky that we manage to catch a cab and be there on time.

Nothing much has changed since our last visit, only that baby Dan is now a lot more mobile. My dad has set up the bed for him and made sure there were barriers set up. However, Dan being a little explorer, understood that he is in a new place and decided to make full use of his nap time. After putting him to bed and assuming that he would be taking his full nap of at least half an hour, I left him in the room and started to prepare lunch. While I was preparing lunch, my dad decided to join Dan with his nap. Dad entered the room, and to his surprise, he did not find Dan in bed, he found him in the TOILET exploring! >.< I guess now with Dan more mobile, more precautions have to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment